Teeth Whitening in Montebello & Monterey Park for Outstanding Smiles
Your smile is a vital part of any first impression, which is why you want yours to be bright and beautiful. If your smile is looking dull or dingy, a professional teeth whitening treatment could be just what you’re looking for. Dr. Shay Salehrabi offers both in-office and take-home teeth bleaching for patients across Montebello, Monterey Park, and the surrounding East L.A. area.
Whether you need quick whitening before a major event or want to brighten your smile at your own pace, you’ll always find quality care and friendly service at Dentistry for Children & Adults. The transformative power of our KöR® teeth whitening treatment is matched by its affordability and convenience. Contact us today to schedule your visit and see which teeth bleaching option is right for you!
CALL US: (323) 726-2626 REQUEST APPOINTMENT
How Does Teeth Whitening Work?
There are many teeth whitening options available, and professional treatment is the most powerful of them all. Both our in-office and take-home options use a high concentration of peroxide-based bleaching gel. This compound penetrates the surface level of enamel to eliminate stains, even those that have built up over years. Once complete, your teeth are restored to their natural healthy shade. The potency ensures fast, dynamic results, and our professional supervision minimizes teeth and gum sensitivity.
Does Teeth Bleaching Work on All Stains?
Most discoloration will respond to bleaching, but there can be many reasons why teeth become discolored. Here are the main causes of dental staining:
- Food & Drink Stains: Dark pigments in certain foods and drinks can penetrate the enamel and leave residue behind. Over time, these pigments become visible on the enamel surface as stains.
- Smoking & Tobacco Use: Tobacco is well known for causing yellow and brown stains on tooth enamel, especially with frequent long-term exposure.
- Injury or Wear: Trauma to a tooth can actually cause the enamel color to change. Teeth that are worn, such as from bruxism, can also become dull or discolored.
- Medications: Some medications can change your enamel color as a side effect, including certain prescriptions and over-the-counter medicines.
- Age: Enamel thins as we age, making it easier to see the yellow-tinted dentin layer underneath. This results in a change of your natural enamel color.
Teeth bleaching is most effective against food, drink, and tobacco stains. Dr. Salehrabi will work with you to determine the cause of your discoloration. He’ll explain your options so you can choose the most effective cosmetic dental solution.
In-Office vs. Take-Home Whitening: What’s the Difference?
Both types of whitening use bleaching gel to lift stains and reveal your natural enamel shade. The major differences between the two are the potency and time involved. Knowing a little more about the process for each option will help you decide which one best fits your needs.
Teeth whitening in our office is typically completed in a single one-hour visit. Once you’re comfortably seated, our dentist or hygienist will prepare your smile for whitening. We shield your gums to minimize sensitivity, then apply a layer of bleaching gel over your teeth. The gel is applied four times in fifteen-minute increments, gradually removing stubborn stains. Depending on the level of staining, your smile could become up to eight shades whiter in a single treatment!
For those who wish to bleach their teeth gradually, take-home teeth whitening offers professional care you can enjoy at home. This option is also great if your busy schedule makes long office visits difficult. First, you’ll make a quick office visit so that we can take impressions of your smile. We use these to create custom whitening trays, which allows for more effective treatment and uniform results. Once your trays and whitening kit are ready, you can start whitening at home or wherever it’s convenient for you. Simply follow Dr. Salehrabi’s instructions to ensure you achieve the results you want.
See what our patients are saying!
"The most amazing experience in all my years of going to the dentist. OMG. They made me feel like a celebrity. Thanks a million." - D.B.
5 Tips to Keep Your Bright Smile Beautiful
Once you’ve invested in teeth bleaching, you’ll want the results to last as long as possible! Here are a few things you can do to keep your teeth looking great.
- Brush Twice a Day – It should go without saying, but the most effective way to keep your smile bright is cleaning your teeth regularly.
- Limit Staining Foods & Drinks – Coffee, tea, soda, tomato sauce, and dark berries are known contributors to enamel stains. Limiting these items and brushing your teeth when you do partake will help to keep stains away.
- Drink Water – Water is important both for oral health and for whiter teeth. Drinking water after a meal will help to rinse away staining particles.
- Avoid Tobacco Use – If you want to keep your smile white, it’s better to avoid smoking and tobacco products entirely.
- Get Regular Dental Cleanings – Cleanings remove plaque and tartar build-up, which also contribute to stains. Part of cleaning involves polishing the enamel to remove surface stains and keep your smile fresh.
Your Montebello Dentist for Teeth Whitening
If you’re ready to enjoy a brighter, more beautiful smile, our team at Dentistry for Children & Adults is here for you! We know how important your smile is to you, and we’re excited to help you achieve the look you long for. Visit Dr. Shay Salehrabi today and discover how teeth bleaching can make a difference for you!
CALL US: (323) 726-2626 REQUEST APPOINTMENT