Quality Dental Crowns in Montebello
Few dental treatments are as effective, versatile, and time-tested as a crown. A beautiful, lifelike crown can transform your tooth while protecting it from decay, damage, and daily wear. At Dentistry for Children & Adults, we offer custom crowns to our Montebello, Monterey Park, and East L.A. communities. Dr. Shay Salehrabi and our team love helping patients of all ages maintain healthy smiles.
Our crowns are made of high-quality materials that look natural within your smile. If you have a tooth that’s damaged, decayed, or causing you pain, contact us to schedule your visit today.
CALL US: (323) 726-2626 REQUEST APPOINTMENT
What is a Crown?
A dental crown (or cap) is a shell that surrounds and encases a tooth above the gum line. Crowns are designed to protect teeth that are damaged, have severe decay, or are otherwise vulnerable.
We are an amalgam-free practice, which means we don’t use any metal in our restorations. Our practice offers crowns made of zirconia, a durable ceramic that blends in perfectly with your natural teeth.
Do I Need a Crown?
Crowns can accomplish several things, so there could be many situations where you might need one. A lifelike crown offers restorative and cosmetic benefits all at once.
Reasons you might need a crown include:
- Restoring a tooth with severe dental decay
- Protecting a fractured or broken tooth
- Reshaping a worn or misshapen tooth
- Completing a dental implant
- Protecting a tooth after root canal therapy
- Providing a cosmetic enhancement
- Improving minor bite misalignment
How Your Custom Crown is Made
At Dentistry for Children & Adults, our goal is to protect your health without compromising your smile’s aesthetic appeal. That’s why we use top-grade material and innovative technology to provide dental crown treatment that’s comfortable, effective, and designed to last.
Whether you’re receiving a crown to alleviate a dental issue or to enhance your smile, we take care to create one that’s well suited to your bite and aesthetic goals. To start the process, Dr. Salehrabi takes a digital impression of your tooth using 3D imaging technology. The small camera captures every angle of your tooth to guide the fabrication of your crown. This method is much more comfortable for you than using traditional putty.
Your tooth will need to be shaped so that the crown can fit well and won’t be bulky. Any damaged or decayed enamel is also dealt with as part of this process. Our office is equipped with a dental laser, which we may use when preparing your tooth. Lasers allow for high precision and minimal impact on your tooth overall.
Once your impression is complete, we send it to a trusted lab that makes the zirconia to fit your unique smile. You’ll receive a temporary crown to protect your tooth until your new crown arrives. Finally, we’ll invite you back to our office to place your new crown. Our dentist checks the fit and makes minor adjustments if needed before cementing it into place. The result is a functional, beautiful tooth you can use for years to come.
Protecting Your Gums and Your Teeth
Your gums are a vital part of your smile, and they need just as much attention as your teeth. To ensure that your crown will last as long as possible, we provide a deep cleaning as part of the treatment process. Before placing your new crown, we eliminate any bacteria, tartar, and other irritants that can cause gum disease. This helps the tooth beneath the crown remain healthy, allowing the crown to protect your tooth more effectively.
Caring for Your New Crown
If you’ve recently received a crown, you naturally want it to last as long as possible. With proper care, a sturdy crown lasts 10-15 years on average. You can take steps to improve the lifetime of your crown and keep it looking beautiful.
- Practice Good Hygiene – Your crown may not get cavities, but the gum supporting it can suffer disease, which leads to several problems. Brush twice a day and floss once a day to keep your gums healthy and protect your crowned tooth.
- Avoid Hard or Sticky Foods – Even a new crown can be vulnerable to damage. Biting hard foods like ice cubes or nuts can crack, loosen, or even break a crown. Sticky foods can be trapped between the crown and gums, increasing the likelihood of gum disease and even decay beneath the crown.
- Never Use Your Teeth as Tools – If you’re prone to biting your nails, chewing on pencils, or tearing open packaging with your teeth, do what it takes to curb these habits quickly. These activities put unnatural stress on your teeth and may cause real damage to your crown, especially over time.
- Don’t Clench or Grind Your Teeth – Your jaw is incredibly strong, and the biting force it applies to each tooth can be tremendous. If you’re prone to clenching or grinding your teeth, it will weaken and eventually ruin your crown. Dr. Salehrabi can provide solutions to help you overcome clenching problems. If you grind your teeth in your sleep, a nightguard can protect them by absorbing the pressure and keeping your crown safe.
- Visit the Dentist Regularly – Your dental checkups are vital to keeping your crown in good condition. Our team will clean your teeth and gums during your visit, and our dentist will check your crown for any sign of loosening or wear. This can catch problems early and help us take the right steps to extend the life of your crown.
Your Montebello Dentist for Crowns and More
When you need a crown, you want to know that you’re in the hands of a dentist you can trust. At Dentistry for Children & Adults, you can count on Dr. Salehrabi and our dedicated team to tailor your treatment and work closely with you at every step. Our goal is to create a smile that’s personalized to you and promote your health and confidence in every treatment we offer.
Whether you need a crown, a filling, or cosmetic care, we’re excited to help you enjoy your best smile. Contact us today to find out how our crowns can benefit you!
CALL US: (323) 726-2626 REQUEST APPOINTMENT